At Scripps Ranch Veterinary Hospital, we believe in pet insurance—we’ve seen it help families take better care of their animal companions and afford life-saving procedures for their pets.
There are many plans and options available and it’s a good idea to do some research
before choosing one for your pet. You should also be aware that with most policies,
the pet owner must pay the vet bills in full, file a claim, and then wait for
Some questions to ask before you sign up with an insurer include:
- Is there a physical exam required to get coverage?
- What percentage of the bill does the company pay after the deductible?
- Are there co-pays?
- Does the plan cover pre-existing conditions and recurring medical problems?
- Can you choose any veterinarian or animal hospital?
- Are prescription drugs covered?
- Does the policy pay if your pet is being treated and dies?
Have more questions about pet insurance? Give us a call at (858) 549-4300